Review the system requirements listed below before installing Anaconda Distribution. If you don’t want the hundreds of packages included with Anaconda, install Miniconda, a mini version of Anaconda that includes just conda, its dependencies, and Python.
Looking for Python 3.5 or 3.6? See our FAQ.
As of 2023-04-04
- License: Free use and redistribution under the terms of the EULA for Anaconda Distribution.
- Operating system: Windows 10 or newer, 64-bit macOS 10.13+, or Linux, including Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS 7+, and others.
- If your operating system is older than what is currently supported, you can find older versions of the Anaconda installers in our archive that might work for you. See Using Anaconda on older operating systems for version recommendations.
- System architecture: Windows- 64-bit x86; MacOS- 64-bit x86 & M1; Linux- 64-bit x86, 64-bit aarch64 (AWS Graviton2), 64-bit Power8/Power9, s390x (Linux on IBM Z & LinuxONE).
- Minimum 5 GB disk space to download and install.
On Windows, macOS, and Linux, it is best to install Anaconda for the local user, which does not require administrator permissions and is the most robust type of installation. However, with administrator permissions, you can install Anaconda system wide.
- Installing on Windows
- Installing on macOS
- Installing on Linux
- Installing on AWS Graviton2 (arm64)
- Installing on Linux-s390x (IBM Z)
- Installing on Linux POWER
- Installing in silent mode
- Installing for multiple users
- Verifying your installation
- Updating from older versions
- Installing previous versions of Anaconda Distribution
- Using Anaconda on older operating systems
- Uninstalling Anaconda Distribution
Silent mode install
Use silent mode to automatically accept default settings and have no screen prompts appear during installation.
Need to use Anaconda on an older operating system?
See Using Anaconda on older operating systems.
Installing Anaconda on a non-networked machine (air gap)
- Obtain a local copy of the appropriate Anaconda installer for the non-networked machine. You can copy the Anaconda installer to the target machine using many different methods, including a portable hard drive, USB drive, or CD.
- After copying the installer to the non-networked machine, follow the detailed installation instructions for your operating system.
Install offline copies of both docs.anaconda.com and enterprise-docs.anaconda.com by installing the conda package anaconda-docs:
conda install anaconda-docs
Install offline copies of documentation for many of Anaconda’s open-source packages by installing the conda package anaconda-oss-docs:
conda install anaconda-oss-docs
Other ways to get Anaconda or Miniconda
The official Anaconda or Miniconda AMIs are on the AWS Marketplace.
The official Anaconda and Miniconda Docker images are on Docker Hub.
If you have a CDH (Cloudera Distributed Hadoop) cluster, install the Anaconda parcel using Cloudera Manager. The Anaconda parcel provides a static installation of Anaconda, based on Python 2.7, that can be used with Python and PySpark jobs on the cluster.
If you experience errors during the installation process, review our Troubleshooting topics.