TIP: If you don’t want the hundreds of packages included with Anaconda, you can install Miniconda, a mini version of Anaconda that includes just conda, its dependencies and Python.
TIP: Looking for Python 3.5? See our FAQ.
- License: Free use and redistribution under the terms of the Anaconda End User License Agreement.
- Operating system: Windows Vista or newer, 64-bit macOS 10.9+, or Linux, including Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS 6+, and others.
- Windows XP supported on Anaconda versions 2.2 and earlier. See Old package lists. Download it from our archive.
- System architecture: 64-bit x86, 32-bit x86 with Windows or Linux, or Power8.
- Minimum 3 GB disk space to download and install.
On Windows, macOS, and Linux, it is best to install Anaconda for the local user, which does not require administrator permissions and is the most robust type of installation. However, if you need to, you can install Anaconda system wide, which does require administrator permissions.
You can use silent mode to automatically accept default settings and have no screen prompts appear during installation.
- Obtain a local copy of the appropriate Anaconda installer for the non-networked machine. You can copy the Anaconda installer to the target machine using many different methods including a portable hard drive, USB drive or CD.
- After copying the installer to the non-networked machine, follow the detailed installation instructions for your operating system.