The Most Trusted Distribution for Data Science
Anaconda® is a package manager, an environment manager, a Python distribution, and a collection of over 1,000+ open source packages. It is free and easy to install, and it offers free community support.
Don’t want the huge collection of 1,000+ software packages? Get Miniconda.
Packages available in Anaconda¶
- Over 150 packages are automatically installed with Anaconda.
- Over 250 additional open source packages can be individually installed from the
Anaconda repository with the
- Thousands of other packages are available from Anaconda Cloud.
- You can download other packages using the
pip installcommand that is installed with Anaconda. Pip packages provide many of the features of conda packages and in most cases they can work together.
- You can also make your own custom packages using
conda buildcommand, and you can share them with others by uploading them to Anaconda Cloud, PyPi or other repositories.
Anaconda2 includes Python 2.7 and Anaconda3 includes Python 3.6. However, it does not matter which one you download, because you can create new environments that include any version of Python packaged with conda. See Managing Python with conda.
The following Anaconda products have been replaced and are no longer available to new users. Documentation for these products is available for existing users only:
- Anaconda Launcher (replaced by Anaconda Navigator).
- Anaconda for Cluster Management (replaced by Anaconda Scale).
- NumbaPro (replaced by Numba).
- Anaconda Accelerate (replaced by Numba).
- MKL Optimizations (now freely available in Anaconda.)
Older versions of some of these components required license installation.